Thursday, 1 May 2014

Had a revelation!

I've had a random thought hit me about why people see themselves as unattractive. Of course, many reasons come into why someone finds their self unattractive but this is just one of them. As they say,
"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
which basically means that beauty is something individual to each person, which is true. Some people like blondes, some like brunettes. Some like blue eyes, some like brown eyes. These factors determine how attractive someone is to them.
So what happens if you have green eyes, but only like brown eyes? What if you have brown hair, but only like blondes? You're not going to view yourself as attractive if you only view those with these characteristics attractive. I believe your personal view on what attractive is, reflects on ourselves and if it doesn't meet the standards we expect of an attractive person, we deem ourselves as unattractive. Those who love themselves are either tricking themselves into believing they're good looking or feel their looks meets their standards of attractiveness.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, me again, just wanted to say that I absolutely love this thought. I never thought about it that way before. And now that I think about it, I totally do that. I know I prefer red hair on others, so I dye my hair red. I like my eyes because I have found that I prefer light colored eyes on other people.
    But it is even more that that, I go as far as personality traits too. I like other people to have a good sense of humor, so i try to also find things funny. And I prefer others to be understanding, so I try my best to also be understanding.
    Maybe people who change themselves (dying hair etc) do so because that is what they are looking for in other people as way of attractiveness?
    I love posts that make me think, and this one is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Thoughts Of One5 May 2014 at 11:41

      Thank-you for your comment! I'm glad that you liked this. It was just a random thought but I felt like it could actually be true so to see you make that relation is great!

      Delete

Please be respectful. Any offensive comments and spam will be immediately removed.