Monday, 2 June 2014

Can you stop staring at him?

I've randomly thought about this situation which has happened a few times which is pretty bizarre - to me anyway so I thought I'd share it.

It mainly happens on the bus. Me and my boyfriend will be sitting on the bus together and a girl will sit directly opposite us, despite being many other available seats. Then they proceed to, not subtly, look over and stare at my boyfriend. They either constantly turn their head, lean forward a bit and look at him or they just stare for a while, then look away. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting closer to the girl or not, whether I look her right in the eyes or not, she'll still stare back! They've stared at him so intently before that they didn't notice me looking right at them.

I always thought it was a rude and odd thing to stare at someone who's sitting next to you but some girls can't help themselves. I know they find him attractive, (who doesn't?) but I think that's a bit far and strange. My boyfriend notices it and he thinks it's odd. I always want to say something but I'm not confident/witty enough. I wish I could say something like, "excuse me, I know he's attractive, but he's not a piece of artwork you can stare at". Maybe next time, I'll make loud jokes to my boyfriend (we normally do when dealing with odd people) so she can hear and maybe that'd help pick their jaws up from the ground and stop them from drooling!

2 comments:

  1. I would defently say something when people stare at him. All you have to do is make it clear he is your boyfriend in a subtle way. I wouldn't do it if they were sitting right in between you though, it would make it really awkward for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. They do know we're together, we hold hands and I sometimes rest my head on him or lean against him. It's just mad how people have no inhibitions about staring at someone and making it so obvious! However, it shouldn't be a problem anymore because I have a car now!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful. Any offensive comments and spam will be immediately removed.