Friday, 11 July 2014

My new job

I have been working for the past couple weeks, almost every day. Today is my first day off in 9 days; two of which were for compulsory training. I've been finding the job fine but I've looked at next weeks rota and I can't say I'm comfortable with it. Last week I went out with a woman who has downs syndrome and is unable to speak... for 5.5 hours! At that time, I met my mum (who also works with me) who made the whole thing bearable and it was my only call that day, but I don't think I have that comfort next week and I have her twice! I also have three people who I've never met before, one of which is my very first call on Monday so I'm quite apprehensive about that. I also met a woman last week who was, let's say, very unhygienic and has difficulty speaking. I didn't have a very pleasant call with her so requested never to work with her again, only to see her on my rota next week! That gave me a shock but thankfully someone's covering that for me.

Overall, everything is going well though. I'm surviving and I actually feel more complete and happier with a job and a car to look after. It's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Any offensive comments and spam will be immediately removed.