Monday, 11 August 2014

Getting fitter

I'm currently interested in getting myself fitter through cardio and strengthening, accompanied with dieting. I hope to lose 13lbs and go down to 9st or just under. Apart from being thinner, I hope to get toned and look fit. I've bought all the kit to help motivate me (Tip #1); gym top and leggings, a Karrimor jogging water bottle, new Karrimor trainers and new Slazenger socks.

Yesterday, I ate around 1200 healthy calories and went for a little jog. Nothing too extreme but I still felt proud that I did it. Today, I went to my boyfriend's house so he could put me through some strengthening exercises and boy did that hurt! I had the nice burn for about 5 minutes after it, then I really started paying for it.

I've realised I'm not someone who gets that buzz from exercise; I get a headache, I'm exhausted and feel terrible, but the only thing in my head that keeps me going are my inspirations (Tip #2), knowing that it's going to make me healthier, it'll get easier as time goes by and I love being able to say, "I did it. I've beaten so many couch potatoes!".

I weighed myself yesterday and I weighed 9st 13lbs. Today, I weighed myself and I was 9st 12lbs. I'm not saying that that's a positive pound lost, many factors can slightly alter your weight but I'd like to think I'm getting somewhere!

I have work tomorrow but I may still go for a jog afterwards or I may leave that for Wednesday to allow my body to recover a bit.

I'm hoping that throughout this journey, I could get support from you guys. It would greatly help and I'd happily support anyone going through a weight loss journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Any offensive comments and spam will be immediately removed.